1 Timothy 8:11 – “Even so must their wives be grave, not slanders, sober, faithful in all things.”
The mission of the Deaconess Ministry is to meet the needs of the Morning Star Baptist Church, under the spiritual guidance of its
Pastor and the Deacons by promoting the spiritual growth in
The purpose of our Deaconess Ministry is to care for and assist the needs of the overall congregation. Wherever there are sick and shut-in members as well as members in need of prayer, the Deaconess Ministry will be there to help. They will be in contact with all sick members and monitor the prayer list to ensure that members are not alone. They are responsible for the preparation and setting up Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month. The Deaconess should instruct all female baptismal candidates as to what they are suppose to wear.
Deaconess should possess the following qualities:
1. She must be a follower of Christ also Christ-like, so much that her life will be outstanding and praised by all with whom she comes in contact.
2. She should be a serious minded person, well balanced and one who knows the value of spiritual things. She should be grave, not slanderers, temperate and faithful in all things.
3. She must be familiar with all of the church laws and the doctrines of the church. She should also know the policies and practices of the church so that all of the officers can work in peace and harmony.
4. She should not be a slanderer or given to gossip, she should take part in the total program of the church.
5. She should support the Pastor and the vision of the ministry.